Re: MS Web servers

by "Leland V. Lammert" <lvl(at)omnitec.net>

 Date:  Sun, 30 Jan 2000 22:12:13 -0600
 To:  aupton(at)omron.com.sg,
HWG Techniques <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 10:29 PM 1/30/00 , aupton(at)omron.com.sg wrote:
>Hello.
>
>I've been trying for some time to get a MS Webservers up and running - ie
>I've tried the Personel Web Server on a Win 95 machine running IE 4.1 -
>with no luck and I've tried to get iis running on an NT Workstation but no
>luck. Does anyone know what the trick is or if there is a web based
>tutorial. I've tried Webmonkey which has good tutorials but nothing on
>getting the web servers upa nd running.
>
>Many thanks
>
>Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Best bet is to get the real server - IIS4 on NT4, .. Apache on NT4, .. or build a no-cost Linux machine and install Apache. PWS is nothing but trouble from the descriptions from folks here (we run Linux/Apache ourselves, .. and have never spent a single nickel on hardware yet - 12 servers and counting).

         Lee