RE: Client updates?

by "Leland V. Lammert" <lvl(at)omnitec.net>

 Date:  Sat, 05 Feb 2000 11:31:35 -0600
 To:  <cbickford(at)sitebuilder.org>,
"'Mike Kear'" <choicemag(at)hotmail.com>,
<hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
>From: Mike Kear
> > For small sites, I'd say your best bet is (A) to use word, save as html,
> > then upload the pages yourself after cleaning up the mess through
> > Dreamweaver or something similar, or (B) use a web app to allow the users
> > paste text into a web template, like some of the 'free' web sites do.
>
>I'd rather not do (A) because the point is to not have to mess around with
>it ourselves.  Are you aware of any examples of (B)?
>
>I'm suprised I haven't heard more.  I know I hear time and again about
>people that are smaller shops, and have to do updates for clients...
>
>  Mike, et al,

I have not seen the beginning of the thread, .. but did anyone mention the obvious - download the page to the client's machine with NN, then allow them to 'Publish' the uploaded page? We do this for a number of clients, .. no cost, WYSWIG, low overhead on our part.

Some have suggested FP, .. but I would not wish FP on anyone <g>. Besides, it's a separate product. NN *comes* with the 'Editor', and does a decent job for simple edit processes.

         Lee