Re: /index.htm reload?

by 2Nerotik <2nerotik(at)nisa.net>

 Date:  Mon, 13 Mar 2000 19:05:55 -0800
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Yes any site without a specific webpage specified will load (depending on
the actual server) either index.htm/html or default.htm/html

and yes usually they are cached like any other webpage.

There is a meta tag that can be used to stop the caching of the
page if that is what you wish but I can't remember what it is
at the moment.

At 02:31 PM 13/03/2000 +0530, Erwin wrote:
>Hi everybody,
>I've just got this small doubt, and a small answer would probably be enough.
>
>When a visitor visits my site through an external link
>("erwnerve.tripod.com"), the index.htm file is automatically returned. The
>links to the home page from other pages in my site are to "/index.htm" and
>not "/" [so that I can browse my site on my hard disk]. My question is,
>does the browser treat "erwnerve.tripod.com" same as
>"erwnerve.tripod.com/index.htm" (and therefore loads it from cache) or
>does it reload it?
>
>If they're not treated as same, any tips on how I can work around it?

.oOo.