Re:

by "Leland V. Lammert" <lvl(at)omnitec.net>

 Date:  Tue, 28 Mar 2000 11:05:08 -0600
 To:  Molly <Molly_Brewer(at)brown.edu>,
hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 09:04 AM 3/28/00 , Molly wrote:
>Hi there,  I'm a newbie, first posting!
>
>Anyone out there willing to copy/paste the meta tags needed to tell a search engine not to index a specific page?
>
>Thanks!

Hi Molly,

You don't restrict search engines with meta tags,.. you do it with a robots.txt file. here is a sample (should be in your site root directory):

#Robots.txt

It's up to the search engine to 'obey' the robots file, . . but most do. Notice the exclusion that we included for Alexa, based on a conversation here last year.

        Lee