Re: From which tag does <A> inherit?

by 2Nerotik <2nerotik(at)nisa.net>

 Date:  Fri, 31 Mar 2000 21:44:24 -0800
 To:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org,
hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Other than defining the anchor tag as you specified below are you
at all specifying it as it is suppose to be ?

Meaning have you designated the anchor tag as so in your CSS ?

A:LINK {
         color: #0000FF;
         font : italic 15px Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
}
A:ACTIVE {
         color : #00AAFF;
         font : bold italic 15px Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
}
A:VISITED {
         color: #0000BB;
         font : bold italic 15px Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
}
A:HOVER {
         color: #00FFFF;
         font : bold italic 15px Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
}

NOTE: color and font attributes are just there to show the basics of
styling the
anchor tag in your CSS.

PS: please do not cross post questions, post at one list and then IF you
feel you've
waited long enough (least several hours) and have not gotten an answer THEN
post
that question to another list.

Reason is some of, if not most of, us belong to several lists and may tend NOT
to answer a question if it pops up in more than one list thinking well
maybe someone
else has the time to answer it. Just a thought for future reference.

At 10:03 PM 31/03/2000 -0500, Jay Smith wrote:
>Greetings,
>
>I am using CSS and am really frustrated that I cannot figure out from what <A>
>is inheriting its properties.
<SNIP>

.oOo.