Re: Browsers (was RE: Netscape frames problem)

by 2Nerotik <2nerotik(at)nisa.net>

 Date:  Tue, 04 Apr 2000 02:04:37 -0700
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 08:56 PM 03/04/2000 -0700, Laurie Landry wrote:
>It's amazing how web designers over the time has gone from a "IE stinks",
>and now it seem to me that they're relying only on IE5 and nothing else.
>Microsoft has done a very good job of brainwashing people to thinking that
>IE5 is the best all round, and the only one.

Currently IE 5.5 (beta) is the best as compared to NN 4.87 at the moment.

As for best 'all around' well that depends, IE 5 and 5.5 (beta) are certainly
faster now at rendering pages than NN is BUT IE 5.5 (beta) still has some
annoying quirks tho as the version states it is a beta and I much prefer it
over NN at the moment.

>I agree with John's comments, though. (John - don't you mean NS5, not 6?).

No due to AOL's marketing department they are jumping from NN v4.87 to
NN v6 there is no v5.

>Netscape will NOT GO AWAY.. they are the Jedi warriors to Microsoft's Death
>Star...

LOL... that's a good one... so what are we on now ? at the end of Episode 5
or beginning of Episode 6 ?

>Myself, I like how websites looks on IE5, but I test websites on NN3. If it
>looks decent in NN3, then it's working. If it "breaks" on NN3, then I know
>that there's something wrong, and fix it.

Yes definitely, if you can get it to look and work properly and the way you
want it then it in NN then it most certainly will look/work properly in IE, tho
once in awhile this isn't the case.

.oOo.