Re: Relational Databases

by "Leland V. Lammert" <lvl(at)omnitec.net>

 Date:  Thu, 06 Apr 2000 10:05:40 -0700
 To:  John Allred <webmaster(at)mscounties.com>,
Frank Boumphrey <bckman(at)ix.netcom.com>
 Cc:  ehoffman(at)smalldogdesign.com, Ben Ocean <beno(at)cnw.com>, hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 05:14 AM 4/6/00 , John Allred wrote:
>The latest version of the Ben Forta "Web Application Construction Kit"
>will give you about 85-90% of what you need to know for CF. That book
>also includes a 30-day evaluation of the product.

Hi John,

We had a big problem with Allaire's price for their CF server, .. last I looked it was $5K, .. and they have never lived up to their promise of a [GPL] Linux version. Unless you have a client that is paying big bucks for hosting, .. it would be really hard to justify that sort of cost.

For in-house work with a larger team, the budget may not be an issue, .. but for smaller developers it has been a pretty big problem.

         Lee