RE: Relational Databases

by "Leland V. Lammert" <lvl(at)omnitec.net>

 Date:  Thu, 06 Apr 2000 15:53:48 -0700
 To:  allred(at)its.state.ms.us,
ehoffman(at)smalldogdesign.com
 Cc:  beno(at)cnw.com, gerholdt(at)fredonia.edu, hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org, owner-hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org, webmaster(at)mscounties.com
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 08:21 AM 4/6/00 , allred(at)its.state.ms.us wrote:
>The only point I was making, or attempting to at any rate, is that
>"ease of use" with ASP is not really a feature, UNLESS you have prior
>experience with Visual Basic. Without that background, ASP presents a
>fairly steep learning curve.

Agreed. ASP is not a 'complete' language, .. but it *is* included with IIS.

>If you feel comfortable categorizing Cold Fusion as "limited," then that's
>your business. However, I can show you some INCREDIBLY powerful CF sites
>scattered all over the web, if you're interested.

CF is a very powerful too, .. but only for enterprises that can afford the $5K implementations! Not many small developers can afford that sort of budget just to experiment.

The best solution, IMHO, is PHP/mySQL - GPL, *WELL* supported, growing fast.

If you have to learn anything, .. do it with a fully-functional, well-supported environment.

       Lee