RE: Search and replace for XHTML

by Christopher Higgs <c.higgs(at)landfood.unimelb.edu.au>

 Date:  Tue, 11 Apr 2000 18:10:33 +1000
 To:  "Brian A. Sayrs" <sayrs(at)southwindsolutions.com>
 Cc:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
G'Day Brian,

At 18:04 10/04/00 -0700, you wrote:
>I've been reading the XHTML 1.0 specification, and I think there are only
>a few differences between it and HTML 4.01:
[snip]
>I'm assuming that most of this can be handled without to much trouble...I
>figure that it isn't making staggered tag structures now, but until you
>find the update, doing a replacement for all the blank tags isn't too much
>of a burden, right?  :)

Check out HTML-Tidy, a command line interface tool for mass conversion - or
HTML-Kit which has a GUI interface for HTML-Tidy.

   http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett/tidy/

Chris Higgs <c.higgs(at)landfood.unimelb.edu.au>
Institute of Land and Food Resources
University of Melbourne http://www.landfood.unimelb.edu.au