Re: How'd they do that?

by Peggi & Ben Rodgers <woodduck(at)mbay.net>

 Date:  Sat, 15 Apr 2000 21:39:28 -0700
 To:  SpatzleSL(at)aol.com,
hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Looks to me like they're using a timeline (Dreamweaver offers this) with a
little animated gif.  The timeline allows you to create a path that your
image will follow around the page.  The reason I believe this is a timeline
is because I've never seen one that follows a smooth line - if you notice,
the image is jerky.  You can create the gif animation with a variety of
programs - Paint Shop Pro offers an animator with its photoshop program.

If you want to do some real flashy animation, Flash by Macromedia is the
way to go (IMHO) - it's not really easy to figure out, but once you do, you
can create some really neat effects.  Basically, you create a little movie
using a series of animated layers.

Peggi

At 11:05 PM 4/15/00 -0400, SpatzleSL(at)aol.com wrote:
>This website has a little dog strolling all over the page.  How do you make
>an image do that.  I tried to right-clik to look at the code but I was just
>taken to another page.  The same thing happens if you click on the dog.
>
>http://www.cherrus.com/
>
>Paulette

Ben & Peggi Rodgers
Pacific Grove, CA  (near Monterey)
woodduck(at)mbay.net or
rodgers(at)tide-pool.com
http://www.tide-pool.com
http://www.mbay.net/~woodduck

	"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song"