Re: Ps on other request

by 2Nerotik <2nerotik(at)nisa.net>

 Date:  Wed, 19 Apr 2000 16:17:54 -0700
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Purely on a technical note, as stealing graphics from
someone else is on your conscience.

Open Flash 4, new flash movie, hit CTRL+R and choose the
flash file you downloaded and import it.

This will ONLY import the graphics used in the SWF, NO
ActionScript or sounds will be recovered. ALL FLAs are
compressed into one timeline upon publishing to the SWF
format so all the graphics in the movie will be on one
timeline.

IF the SWF is protected you will NOT be able to import
it as is, it would have to be unprotected. Yes there
is a program out there that will unprotect a SWF.

Do I have it ? Yes. Will I give it out NO.

Get permission from the author if you really want the
graphic, or do a screen capture and import that then
trace the image.

At 05:00 PM 19/04/2000 -0400, Stiphane Bergeron wrote:
>At 10:08 PM 18/04/00 -0500, you wrote:
>>The original homepage on the one I just sent was done in Flash instead
>>of javascript. I couldn't figure out how to open the Flash animation in
>>my Flash program to get to the images already used. The original site is
>>at http://www.klemm-and-associates.com. I tried a variety of ways, but
>>I'm totally new to Flash and couldn't get it. Any help? Thanks!
>
>You can't get to the original graphics used in a published Flash movie
>(.swf file).  In order to do so,  you will need access to the original
>working .fla file.  All .swf files are usually protected upon export
>unless the designer chose otherwise which is unlikely.  This is to protect
>the theft of graphics as well as sophisticated programming techniques used
>to create Flash movies.

.oOo.