Re: what is a web designer?

by Peggi & Ben Rodgers <woodduck(at)mbay.net>

 Date:  Tue, 25 Apr 2000 07:39:38 -0700
 To:  "Aline Parrone" <larlina(at)mozcom.com>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Aline,

It's probably an issue of definition, but my title is web designer and I,
basically, design web pages and sites for the company.  We do all our
delivering via a web-based platform so every project must go onto a web page.

My qualifications are the ability to hardcode HTML and JavaScript (I've
seen other companies who want more but these seem to be the basics), use
one of the popular HTML editors - I use Dreamweaver - and it helps to have
some desktop publishing or layout experience.  I know most of the people in
my department have a desktop publishing background.

Hope this helps.

Peggi

At 04:42 PM 4/25/00 +0800, Aline Parrone wrote:
>first question for the list:
>
>what exactly does a web designer do?  meaning, what are the realms of
>his/her services?  what are the "must things" a designer should to be called
>such? and what are the optional things he may not do?
>
>just curious,
>aline

Ben & Peggi Rodgers
Pacific Grove, CA  (near Monterey)
woodduck(at)mbay.net or
rodgers(at)tide-pool.com
http://www.tide-pool.com
http://www.mbay.net/~woodduck

	"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song"