Re: Nested tables and DW templates

by Peggi & Ben Rodgers <woodduck(at)mbay.net>

 Date:  Fri, 28 Apr 2000 07:41:21 -0700
 To:  Reywob(at)aol.com,
hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Peter,

I use this technique quite frequently and have no problems with download
speed.  An example is one I have in progress that uses images embedded in a
nested table for the nav bar.  Take a look at
http://www.bluebirdcanyon.com/aawvhomepage.html  and see if that download
works OK for you - without the images for the buttons it would be faster yet.

Peggi

At 09:13 AM 4/28/00 -0400, Reywob(at)aol.com wrote:
>Hi,
>
>How BAD are nested tables?  Reason I'm asking is I'm creating a site using
>the traditional web layout (menu down the side) and using Dreamweaver
>templates.  To add rows to the content part of the table means that I cannot
>lock the menu into the template, which defeats the whole object!  Would it
>really affect performance if I put the content of the page inside another
>table, inside the first one?  This way I could lock the menu into the
>template, and still add rows to the content table.
>
>TIA,
>Peter.

Ben & Peggi Rodgers
Pacific Grove, CA  (near Monterey)
woodduck(at)mbay.net or
rodgers(at)tide-pool.com
http://www.tide-pool.com
http://www.mbay.net/~woodduck

	"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song"