RE: I'm Still Using Text Editor

by Christopher Higgs <c.higgs(at)landfood.unimelb.edu.au>

 Date:  Tue, 02 May 2000 13:35:05 +1000
 To:  martyh(at)cinci.rr.com,
hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 20:21 1/05/00 -0400, Martin T. Hugo wrote:
>In terms of getting from A to B, not much, but in terms of how fast and in
>what state you arrive at B, quite a bit!

That's debatable!

>John Murray wrote:
>
>What do you reckon I'm missing out on?

It depends on what you are using your text editor for.  I find Super
Notetab (with its macro commands) much faster than Dreamweaver for most of
what I do.  If you are using relatively fixed templates and heaps of meta
tags, DW just doesn't cope.  It wants rigidly fixed templates and does not
provide a GUI interface for the meta tags.

OTOH if you want drag and drop functionality, DW excels.

As always, choice of editor will depend upon the needs of the project and
the skill level of the designer (and $$$ of course :)

Chris Higgs <c.higgs(at)landfood.unimelb.edu.au>
Institute of Land and Food Resources
University of Melbourne http://www.landfood.unimelb.edu.au