RE: Screen Resolution (was Layers Problem)

by Christopher Higgs <c.higgs(at)landfood.unimelb.edu.au>

 Date:  Sat, 03 Jun 2000 14:07:37 +1000
 To:  "Shaun L. Sides" <arch(at)abts.net>,
Hwg-Techniques <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 22:46 2/06/00 -0400, Shaun L. Sides wrote:
>But I don't agree that it's true that people
>prefer the lower resolution display settings.  That doesn't agree with
>my experiences at all.

It is true that SOME people do, and I can give you an example here!

There is (and always will be) a percentage of your audience that are
getting older, whose eyesight is failing, and who are either too vain or
too lazy to wear glasses.  Viewers falling into this category generally
require the largest screen monitor and lowest resolution settings
possible.  What's more, they don't always have to be old to fall into this
category!!

There is also the older category again - those whose eyesight has
diminished to the extent that even with glasses they still require large
monitors and low resolutions.  Try teaching computers to class in which the
average age is 75 and you will understand EXACTLY what I'm talking about :-)

Chris
Chris Higgs <c.higgs(at)landfood.unimelb.edu.au>
Institute of Land and Food Resources
University of Melbourne http://www.landfood.unimelb.edu.au