Re: FTP

by Christopher Higgs <c.higgs(at)landfood.unimelb.edu.au>

 Date:  Thu, 15 Jun 2000 18:27:23 +1000
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 12:56 15/06/00 +0800, you wrote:
>lately i have been probleming uploading files (images especially) to my
>website using Dreamweaver's FTP.  it could be a number of reasons like poor
>telephone connection, server or ISP problem, etc.  but could it also be due
>to the fact that i have too many files in my local and remote host?   but
>this is hard disk problem and i think i am using only 1% of my allowed space
>in my virtual server.

This is a long shot, but try finding out what platform is used for the
site.  I've previously used an OpenVMS system which automatically archived
all old copies, and it wasn't immediately obvious that the archives were
there (to the untrained eye :)

If you are uploading twice a day, replacing pages continuously, and each
"replacement" is archived, that should rapidly start to eat away at your
server space allocation.

Chris Higgs <c.higgs(at)landfood.unimelb.edu.au>
Institute of Land and Food Resources
University of Melbourne http://www.landfood.unimelb.edu.au