Re: TAG case; XHTML; Flame Wars.

by Christopher Higgs <c.higgs(at)landfood.unimelb.edu.au>

 Date:  Tue, 27 Jun 2000 10:30:07 +1000
 To:  Reywob(at)aol.com,
hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 14:57 26/06/00 -0400, Reywob(at)aol.com wrote:
>I'm part of a team of volunteers providing support and tutorials at my ISP.
>One of the members of the team believes that HTML should be coded with the
>tags in UPPERCASE.  She won't accept that it might be better to code in lower
>case, as it isn't part of the HTML 4 standard.  She also believes that the
>XHTML spec is a load of rubbish, and sent this link
>(http://www.alistapart.com/stories/xhtml/index.html) to prove her point.

I think this is a case of "I've seen it on TV, so it HAS to be true!!"

To quote from the article: "XML is a general markup language" - any
document that starts with that misunderstanding is sure to be full of it.

XML is a meta-language for creating markup languages - it is a subset of
SGML and is in no way related to HTML.

Chris