Re: Best Way to Do This?

by Linda Engelman <linda(at)conciliocreative.com>

 Date:  Tue, 21 Nov 2000 09:52:02 -0800
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Thank you so much to everyone who replied SO quickly!  It's great to have
the support here!

There were lots of great ideas on how to solve my problem (detailed
below).  A particular thanks to Steve for forwarding along a set of
solution files.

The solution that I ended up using was the one that seemed easiest to
implement.  It came from Tim and it can be found
at:  http://www.webbedenvironments.com/v02/02_15.html

It took me a few minutes to completely understand what they were doing
here, but once I did, it was a piece of cake.  Within 2 minutes I had
everything working.

The only problem with this solution is the resulting URL.  It creates a
long ugly string that's not very user-friendly for bookmarking, etc.  Of
course it's a lesser problem than the original one.

Many, many thanks!!

Linda