Re: XHTML Strict and browser compat.

by Tamara Abbey <tamara(at)abbeyink.com>

 Date:  Thu, 14 Dec 2000 16:44:16 -0600
 To:  John Starkey <jstarkey(at)advancecreations.com>,
hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 08:58 AM 12/14/00 -0700, John Starkey wrote:
>I just started validating to XHTML this weekend. I've gotten most of the
>sites I'm in charge of validating Transitional, piece of cake, I thought
>there were a lot more changes to the DTDs.

John,

There is an XML HWG list, but it's a small list and very quiet.

Back in September I drove them all nuts trying to get some stuff to
validate XHTML 1.0 Strict. Yes, the consensus was that Strict is the goal,
however trans is the current *standard* since there is limited support
cross-browser.

That was before NS 6, but even with its *official* release, it will be
awhile before that version overtakes 4+ versions. Hopefully, not too long
since it does have advantages, but XHTML trans, from what I understood,
will put you in good shape for the day when more browsers support it better.

HTH,
Tamara