Re: Tables (Again)

by Tamara Abbey <tamara(at)abbeyink.com>

 Date:  Sun, 14 Jan 2001 17:22:19 -0600
 To:  "Rebecca J. Walter" <rjp(at)mail.tele.dk>,
martyh(at)cinci.rr.com
 Cc:  "'HWG Techniques (E-mail) '" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 10:05 PM 1/14/01 +0100, Rebecca J. Walter wrote:
>cell-padding=0 cellspacing=0
>
>"Martin T. Hugo" wrote:
> >
> > Sorry for this question again but without the archives I must ask the
> > experts:
> >
> > I have a page I am working on that has a table with borders set to "0".  In
> > IE it displays fine but in nestcape 6.0 it allows the page background to
> > show through tiny gaps between the cells.

Nope, that probably won't work in NS 6. It's Netscape's problem with the
DTD, evolt.org has an article on Netscape 6 breaking tables and the article
offers a link to a version of the 4.01 DTD that /will/ work.

But, Martin, for this fix to work, you have to have a DTD. I noticed you
didn't have one. So, get a dtd at the top of the HTML doc and then run it
through the validator at http://validator.w3.org/ (I think is the correct
url, if not, follow the links from http://www.w3c.org/).

HTH,
Tamara