Re: Importing ColdFusion to PHP4?

by Tamara Abbey <tamara(at)abbeyink.com>

 Date:  Thu, 08 Feb 2001 11:05:23 -0600
 To:  Suzanne Ankerbrand <sankerbrand(at)villagelife.org>,
hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 09:38 AM 2/8/01 -0800, Suzanne Ankerbrand wrote:
>Has anyone ever take a ColdFusion database and imported it into php? May
>get a contract to redesign an database driven online catalog that currently
>uses an 'off the shelf' ColdFusion solution. We would like to take the
>ColdFusion database and imported it into php4.

PHP is a scripting language, not a database. It will interact with any
number of databases, my server offers MySQL, but I have read where it will
interact with any number of dbs.

I'm new to PHP, but perhaps you could re-phrase the question so as to get
the answers you need, or perhaps you could learn more about php vs. CF at
http://www.php.net.

I know nothing about CF except that it exists. But I hope this helped a
little bit.

Tamara