Re: Question

by Tamara Abbey <tamara(at)abbeyink.com>

 Date:  Fri, 16 Feb 2001 18:02:42 -0600
 To:  clisto(at)execpc.com,
hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 04:08 PM 2/16/01 -0600, John Michael Brunette wrote:
>I have seen sites which have only a few
>lines of code when you look at it but not the rest.

Are you sure about that? Absolutely, positively sure?

I've seen a site or two that said *Get your eyes off my [expletive] code*
-- but look at the scrollbar.

It's there, they just put lots of carriage returns in there. I don't go
snooping at code for no reason -- if I admire a site or a technique or I'm
trying to respond to a query, then I need to look at what's going on.

As far as some of the other *code hiding* techniques -- there's lots of
good stuff in the HWG list archives and I'll let real technique-types
explain it, but in short -- you can't really hide your code. If someone can
see it, they have a copy of it. Whether it's in the cache, *buried* or
disabled right mouse click (very, very annoying since some right clicks are
necessary--like bookmarking in NN -- but you disable them all!!!) -- if
they can *see* it, they can *keep* it -- some are just better at figuring
out how.

Good luck and I hope that helps a little.
~Tamara