Re: Follow-up [Re: Multi-column output]

by Tamara Abbey <tamara(at)abbeyink.com>

 Date:  Mon, 19 Mar 2001 17:48:36 -0600
 To:  "Kehvan M. Zydhek" <kehvan(at)zydhek.net>,
"HWG Techniques" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 06:51 PM 3/18/01 -0800, Kehvan M. Zydhek wrote:
>Tamara, Bob, and HWG Techniques Listers,
>
>Back in January, I posted a challenge to see if anyone could determine if it
>was possible to create a multi-column output format for long runs of text.
>The goal was to take a block of text and display it in two or three flowing
>columns, regardless of screen res. No one, including my business partner who
>does all the programming, could think of a viable way to do this, and it was
>assumed to be impossible.

Well, since Kehvan made sure to address me, I figure I better chime in ;-)

It doesn't look too swift on NN 4.5, but then, I'm old-fashioned. I admit
it. I also looked at this:
http://svend.neoideo.dk/flow.html -- hmm, javascript error. The
International Herald also immediately greeted me with a js popup that told
me to get a better browser.

Hmmm, I'm not sure I'm fond of that idea (I do have other versions,
actually, I just like to be stubborn sometimes).

But, I am glad to know progress is being made.

Thanks!
Tamara