Re: web safe background

by Tamara Abbey <tamara(at)abbeyink.com>

 Date:  Tue, 27 Mar 2001 08:23:02 -0600
 To:  "hwg tech" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Mikael,

I tend to agree with Kehvan -- sometimes you have to do what you have to=20
do: The customer is always right even when s/he's wrong.

I had a client that knew his site looked like garbage on Netscape. He used=
=20
IE and it looked fine to him. I explained three times, a little different=20
each way, to help him understand that /he's/ not the customer for his=20
business so it's not *good enough* for it to look good on his machine.

He refused to budge. So, the next time he had an update to his site, I=20
managed to slip in some improvements. I did that with each update until it=
=20
very nearly resembles cross-browser compatibility. But, those improvements=
=20
were not as noticeable on his end since I wasn't changing the color scheme.

FWIW,
Tamara