RE: CSS inheritance - newbie question

by Tamara Abbey <tamara(at)abbeyink.com>

 Date:  Wed, 03 Oct 2001 15:05:21 -0500
 To:  "'HWG Techniques'" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 01:29 PM 10/3/01 +0200, Klaas De Waele wrote:
> > but my gut feel is that it would be better (? more maintainable) to
> > define the style of a group of elements together and then to specify
> > the exceptions eg

You can take it one step further actually -- for example:
{
font: italic small-caps bold 12px arial
}

(source: http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_font.asp -- which, BTW offers
some great CSS references and tutorials).

Also, for help with CSS -- the W3C does offer a validator which works on
both internal and external CSS -- just follow the links at
http://validator.w3.org/ for the CSS validator.

I also like to use HomeSite and/or HTML Kit from chami.com and those both
come with Bradbury's TopStyle Lite integrated in the programs.

HTH,
<tamara />