Re: Database Connectivity

by =?iso-8859-1?Q?St=E9phane?= Bergeron <stephberg(at)videotron.ca>

 Date:  Mon, 24 Jan 2000 21:36:55 -0500
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 07:19 PM 24/01/00 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi Y'all,
>For the life of me it just won't work. The first form won't populate with=
=20
>the info from the database. I've messed with everything I can think of=20
>including tinkering with the ODBC(32 bit) configuration but nothing seems=
=20
>to work. A friend suggested that I have to have the machine set up with=20
>DNS but I even tried that without success.

Sorry if I'm asking the obvious but are you calling the page through your=20
local server?  You can't just load the file in the browser directly but=20
have to load it through something like http://localhost/myform.asp.  Second=
=20
thing is that you should set up a DSN and make sure you type it exactly the=
=20
same way in your code.  I'm assuming you're working with ASP but without=20
seeing the code we can't help you much more than this.  I can establish=20
ODBC connections just fine on my machine running PWS on a Win 98 SE=20
machine.  Send us the relevant bits of code and maybe we can help you more.

St=E9phane Bergeron