Re: Homesite with DW3???

by =?iso-8859-1?Q?St=E9phane?= Bergeron <stephberg(at)videotron.ca>

 Date:  Thu, 27 Jan 2000 17:41:35 -0500
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 10:52 AM 27/01/00 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>My copy of DW3 finally arrived today, and on the back of the D packet I
>noticed what looked to be the Homesite registration code.  However, when I
>installed Homesite 4.0 from an evaluation CD obtained from Allaire, and
>entered the registration code, it accepted it but still tells me that I've
>got 30 days left.  Now, is this because of the version of Homesite I've got
>or what???  Don't particularly want to download it it I can help it.

Yes, HomeSite eval versions are not the same as the full versions and=20
entering a valid serial number doesn't "register" them.  You should=20
uninstall the version you got from Allaire's CD and install the one that=20
probably is on the Dreamweaver Cd-rom.  The current HomeSite version is 4.5=
=20
and that may be what's on the DW CD.  If the serial number starts with=20
HS45PE or HS45E then it's for HS 4.5.

HTH!

St=E9phane Bergeron