Problem w/ASP and MS PWS

by "David M. Gorjup" <dgorjup(at)flash.net>

 Date:  Fri, 11 Feb 2000 21:16:28 -0500
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Y'all, A while back I posted that I had a problem trying to learn how to
use MS Access and ASP to display data on a web page. I was trying to learn
from a Webmonkey tutorial that just refused to work. Several people posted
excellent suggestions back to me but unfortunately nothing worked. Well,
being hard headed I took a back to basics approach. Since I know next to
nothing about ASP, I went back to Webmonkey and tried to used their
introductory ASP tutorial. Well, to make a long story short, even the
following code didn't work on the Personal Web Server:

When setup as the PWS default home page (default.asp) in PWS and started
with IE5.0, the page displays blank. Plain text added in the body displays
fine. My question is == Webmonkey (in the database tutorial) explicitly
says that ASP should work fine in Personal Web Server. Am I missing
something? There isn't much to PWS configuration. At work I have Omni Httpd
so I'm not unfamiliar with Web Servers. Also, I've made sure that all
permissions are set to read/write across the board in Win98. Any ideas??
Thanks, Dave G. Engineering Services Manager Leisure Time Technology, Inc.
PS-Just in case anyone's wondering why I'm even fooling around with PWS, I
want to learn this stuff at home before I set up another NT machine at work
with IIS and get committed to making it work before I'm ready. PPS-One this
same machine, Access 2000 with its new DDE and Data Access Pages works fine
with PWS. Confusing enough??