Re: CCS crashes NN

by Norm Gregory <norm(at)normgregory.com>

 Date:  Tue, 22 Feb 2000 20:31:01 -0800
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 07:29 PM 2/22/00, WebProgrmr(at)aol.com wrote:
>Upon checking it with IE, I see that you've linked to
>the same stylesheet twice.

You got me excited!  But it didn't matter.  I took out the other mention .
. . and it still crashed NN.

>Are you using Server Side Includes, by chance?

Yep.  And three individual pages come up fine independently

http://normontheradio.com/column1.shtml

http://normontheradio.com/column3.shtml

http://normontheradio.com/showprep/_today.shtml

Put 'em all together with the link below and (watch out) Netscape freezes up.

http://normontheradio.com/

At 08:04 PM 2/22/00 , Christopher Higgs <c.higgs(at)landfood.unimelb.edu.au>
wrote:
>At 17:31 22/02/00 -0800, you wrote:
>>Anybody know why linking to a .css file would make Netscape crash?
>

>Without looking at the page, NN4.02 and 4.03 were notorious for crashing
>with some stylesheets options (don't ask me which :)
>
>I'm fairly certain a stylesheet linked within another stylesheet was one
>of them.

I tested it with Netscape 4.7