Re: Image Maps

by Stephen Johnston <pepe(at)gainsay.com>

 Date:  Sat, 11 Mar 2000 19:05:34 -0800
 To:  Keiko Schneider <kschnei(at)sabotenweb.com>,
hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 08:44 AM 3/11/2000 , you wrote:<br>
someone would want to use a server-side<br>
&gt;imagemap rather than client-side.&nbsp; Thanks.<br>
I am also curious.&nbsp; I made a company banner and made it into
client-side<br>
image map.&nbsp; So when they click on e-mail address, mailto: will kick
in and<br>
click on the URL, it will take you there.&nbsp; Now if I wanted to do the
same<br>
as a banner on somebody else's site (like paid advertisement), they<br>
wouldn't have &lt;map&gt;&lt;/map&gt; on their web page.&nbsp; The server
side will<br>
accomplish the same effect?&nbsp; I would appreciate any help.&nbsp;
TIA.<br>
Keiko-<br>
<x-tab>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</x-tab>I belive
that also (someone correct me if I am wrong) that server-side image maps
were created to alleviate some compatibility issue with how the image map
was handled by the browsers a while back.&nbsp; I thought I read that
somewhere, anyway.<br>
-Stephen</html>