Re: MS Access to SQL

by Stephen Johnston <pepe(at)gainsay.com>

 Date:  Tue, 21 Mar 2000 12:06:21 -0800
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 08:12 AM 3/21/2000 , you wrote:
>Since mySQL is supported on just about any UNIX platform and creating a
>database is as
>easy as >mysqladmin -u root create databasename and then importing a
>delimited text file
>into the newly created database, I'd suggest mySQL.
>Nathan
>

>Hello gang,
><snip>
>Does anyone have any idea on how I can convert my database from Access to
>either
>one of the above, and which would be easier.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Eric Peeters

Eric-

         If your people have always-on Internet connections then take a
look at myODBC. Once you have set up the mySQL database you can import the
data through myODBC and you can have the people enter their data into the
same forms they use in the Access database but use linked tables to write
it to the mySQL database on the server. It works pretty well.

-Stephen Johnston