Re: PEST: Big 5" Company Nationwide:

by Dave Gorjup <dgorjup(at)mediaone.net>

 Date:  Tue, 13 Jun 2000 05:51:48 -0400
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
I got an unsolicited email from her too. Promptly reported her through Spamcop,
http://www.spamcop.com
If y'all aren't aware of this anti-spamming tool, please check it out. It's
free unless you opt in for their minimal cost pay service and I've helped
shut down dozens of spammers.
Regards,
Dave G.

At 10:34 AM 06/13/2000 -0500, you wrote:
Are the rest of you getting messages from this pest too?

Every time I post to the list, I get a message from jwhitfield(at)ejobs.com,
telling me what wonderful opportunities she has for me.

jwhitfield obviously never reads the message I send, because she hasn't
noticed I have my own company, that I'm in Australia, and that I'm not
about to hand business over to any competitors.

This is just plain spam, and it's tiresome getting the same message time
and time again.

Can the list guides kick her off the list?

What else can be done to get rid of this spamming pest. The last thing we
need is the list being cluttered up with advertising crap from
objectionable creeps like Julie Whitfield and her damn ejobs.com.

If there was even a tiny amount of effort to personalise the message - if
there was even any evidence that Julie had read anything I wrote, I'd take
a much more relaxed view of this. But it's clear that all she's doing is
just using the list as a means of harvesting email addresses.

What do the rest of you think?  Am I going over the top here?

Cheers,
Mike Kear
AFP Web Development
Windsor, NSW, Australia