CSS Troubles - Redefinition of background-color : BODY?

by "Smokin' Dave" <smokindave(at)smokindave.com>

 Date:  Fri, 16 Jun 2000 11:00:18 -0500
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Just uploaded a style sheet for validation at the w3c site, and keep
getting the same "error" message, which reads, "Redefinition of
background-color : BODY". This is obviously referring to the BODY
definitions, and i assumed it was referring to repeated styles, but
removing the repeated ones didn't seem to help either. Can anybody here
make wind of it? By the way, the style sheet isn't completely done, as I
still need to finish redefining the font styles. That, I have no problem
with, but I'm still trying to figure out the above message. The style sheet
is as follows:

  BODY {
    background : url(bg1.gif);
    color : #000000;
    background-color : #ffffff;
}

  UL.c5 {
    font-size : 13px;
    font-family : arial;
    color : #000000;
    background-color : #ffffff;
}

TD.c4 {
    font-size : 13px;
    font-family : arial;
    color : #000000;
    background-color : #ffffff;
}

TD.c3 {
    font-weight : bold;
    font-family : arial;
    color : #ffffff;
    background : #006699 url(barbg.gif) repeat;
}

SPAN.c6 {
    font-weight : bold;
    font-family : arial;