Re: Hosting reseller question

by "Michael I. Bitton" <mbitton(at)mibdevelopment.com>

 Date:  Fri, 07 Jun 2002 13:52:04 -0500
 To:  "Lisa Bradshaw" <zibbler(at)web-design-cs.com>
 Cc:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Lisa,

You can sign up as a "WARP" agent for Verio (www.verio.com) for a one-time
fee of $100. I did this a couple years ago I receive a check every quarter
for commission on my client's hosting services. This is a win-win-win for
me, my client and Verio. As a WARP agent I can offer clients 6 months free
hosting if they pre-pay for a 24 month contract. (they pay only 18 months
of the 24). They can only get this deal through a Verio WARP dealer. Verio
does all the billing, etc. and provides the 24/7 tech support, I just set
up each client and then get the ongoing commission for as long as they stay
a Verio client.

Most clients don't know how/what to do to set up hosting anyway, and I
offer this as a value added service. For no charge (for my time) to the
client, I establish their Verio account (in their name, not mine), domain
name if needed, and e-mail POP/Forwarding, etcetera. I also give them a
temporary home page with their company logo and an e-mail link. The clients
like this as they don't have to do anything, it's all taken care of. I just
get their credit card number to establish the Verio account and it takes
about a half hour to set it all up for them. I typically get the web
development business as well, of course.

hth...

mb