RE: Scalability

by Ben Ocean <beno(at)cnw.com>

 Date:  Thu, 15 Jun 2000 09:49:43 -0700
 To:  Chuck Evans <Chucke(at)captura.com>
 Cc:  hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 12:40 PM 6/14/2000 -0700, you wrote:
>In my line of software, scalable means the ability to handle greatly
>increased numbers of users. Since I don't know the details of the site
>proposed, if it has anything to do with e-commerce, you should get them to
>clarify what they mean by scalable ASAP.

Actually, it doesn't have anything to do with shopping. They have 800
dealer locations nationwide. They may have to increase that database as
their dealer base increases, but I wouldn't be operating that database
anyway: a third party would (I'll frame around them, or add their elements
into my HTML). Also, they could add new models. Gee, outside of that, can't
think of what else they'd be scaling :-) Please let me know if you see
anything I may be missing here. TIA,
BenO