Re: Hosting question

by Paul Lochbihler <plochbihler(at)cinnabar.ca>

 Date:  Wed, 19 Jul 2000 16:40:58 -0400
 To:  "Steve burrill" <steve.burrill(at)celtic-web.co.uk>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
It begs the question to ask them, "Why does it  days?"

Sounds like they are a bit misinformed, out of their depth, or just plain
stunned.

Like you, when I upload, I only have to refresh my browser to get the new
page.  I have been rebuilding our site, so I have been doing a lot of
uploading.

P.

At 10:32 AM 7/19/00 +0100, Steve burrill wrote:
>I am currently considering becoming a reseller of a new hosting company. The
>firm I use at present are very good but a bit expensive.
>
>The outfit I am considering have set up a hosting package for me to try out.
>
>I am used to uploading files and being able to access them with a browser
>instantly. I tried it with this outfit, but can't browse the files 24 hours
>later, when I queried it I got this response:
>
>Quote:
>
>"Hi Steve,
>
>It can take up to 4 days before you can view the pages through a browser,
>however it normally takes upto 2 days. Leave it for a while and it should be
>just fine."
>

>Is this the norm with some hosting outfits - its seems to me that this can't
>be good.
>
>Appreciate feedback.

>Celtic Web Services
>http://www.celtic-web.co.uk
>Tel: 01633 482766
>
>Domain Name Registration, Web Site Design, Hosting, Promotion and
>Consultancy.

Paul Lochbihler
Network Security Analyst
Cinnabar Network Inc.