How Many Surf W/o JS? [Was: why would you turn javascript off?]

by Ben Ocean <beno(at)cnw.com>

 Date:  Mon, 24 Jul 2000 02:25:36 -0700
 To:  "Stuart McDonald" <stuart(at)fourelephants.com>
 Cc:  hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Stuart McDonald wrote:
>What I am looking for are reasons why people would surf with javascript
>turned off so that I can then use that as a reason  for getting rid of the
>pulldown. (my reason of I don't like it - it hides the contents - has been
>deemed insufficient).

To address your question, here's some stats:
http://www.thecounter.com/stats/2000/June/javas.html
but I question the validity of these stats. Do 16% of surfers really surf
with Javascript dis-enabled? Steve Segarra, in an off-forum email, doubted
this and got me to thinking. How many surfers are that savvy that they'd
even know how to dis-enable it? Seems unreasonable. Your comments?
TIA,
BenO