Re: Linking drop down boxes

by Eric Anderson <eric_anderson(at)hrsoft.com>

 Date:  Fri, 09 Jun 2000 11:15:28 -0500
 To:  "Sue Bailey" <sue(at)bartandsue.co.uk>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Sue!

ASPToday.com has an article describing the process of setting it up from
the Server side and then implementing it on the Client side.  This article
can be found at:

http://www.asptoday.com/articles/20000418.htm

The end result is a set of arrays that are used to rebuild the second
dropdown box based on the selected index of the first dropdown.  When I
implemented a similar solution (before I found the article) I named my
arrays based on the values in the first dropdown box.  This way I didn't
have to worry about the order of the list in the first drop down list.

If you would prefer the code to this article, let me know and I should be
able to dig it up.

HTH,
Eric