Re: Sessions in multiple windows with IE

by Eric Anderson <eric_anderson(at)hrsoft.com>

 Date:  Mon, 03 Jul 2000 16:45:12 -0500
 To:  <gary(at)BonhamDesigns.com>,
"Hwg-Techniques" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>,
<hwg-languages(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi All!

What we have found here is that IE4 has a known bug about establishing a
new SessionID when a second window is spawned from a page.  Although I
cannot remember the URL off the top of my head, there is an article at MSDN
about this.  IE5+ and NN did not exhibit this behavior.

Our work around was to pass all necessary information in the URL and open
the second window with the Location toolbar.  Not secure, but then again,
we didn't need it to be.

Hope this helps,
Eric