Re: love bug

by 2Nerotik <2nerotik(at)nisa.net>

 Date:  Thu, 04 May 2000 22:53:16 -0700
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
I suppose they could but I will not open any file unless I have
confirmation from the person that they did indeed intend to send
me a file.

As for the ILoveYou, *G* there is only one person I would
expect that to come from and would be looking very strangely
if it came from anybody but her ;)

Also McAfee will scan any zip file for infected files inside
it. Now it may not have detected the .vbs file but then again
it might have since at one time I downloaded a themes file for
the desktop which had a file with an extension I had never seen
before but McAfee anti-virus dlx caught and terminated it before
the zip file was opened up completely.

At 09:17 PM 04/05/2000 -0600, Graphmaster.com wrote:
>I never open .exe or .vbs attachments.
>
>You mentioned zip - can viruses not attach to zips?

.oOo.