Re: Weird Dreamweaver Bug - Not Newbie Question

by Stephen Johnston <pepe(at)gainsay.com>

 Date:  Mon, 08 May 2000 20:50:34 -0700
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org
 Cc:  "Christopher M. Batman" <cbatman(at)enteract.com>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 05:22 PM 5/8/2000, you wrote:
>Stephen Johnston wrote:
>
> > ...at least I hope it is not a newbie question
> >
> > Hello All-
> >
> >         I am having a weird problem with dreamweaver where seemingly
> random blank
> > lines are being insterted into files. On the order of one for every real
> > line, but not always that predictable. Has anyone seen this before, or know
> > what could be causing it?
> >
> > -Stephen
>
>I need a little more information.  Which version of Dreamweaver?  Have you
>installed
>any updates to your current version?  Please explain the "lines".  Are you
>referring
>to extra code, for eg. <p>&nbsp;</p>, randomly appearing?  Are you using it in
>conjunction with Homesite or BBEdit and if so, are you using those
>applications to
>modify and/or clean-up the code?
>
>Chris

         Dreamweaver 3, the lines are actual line feeds in the source HTML,
not any code. I am only using Dreamweaver 3 (at least I can be assured that
this problem happens in files that have only come in contact with D3)
         I got some indication from Chuck that it is a bug/undocumented
feature of Dreamweaver 3. I am still looking more into the particulars of
the bug.

-Stephen