RE: Attributes created by Dreamweaver

by =?iso-8859-1?Q?St=E9phane?= Bergeron <stephberg(at)videotron.ca>

 Date:  Fri, 12 May 2000 16:11:37 -0400
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 10:16 AM 12/05/00 -0400, you wrote:
> > >Can someone please confirm that the tracingopacity etc attributes
> > >aren't true attributes, I can't find them anywhere in my handbook.
> >
> > I never heard of them and they are certainly non-standard.  I never=
 heard
> > of any browser using them either but I'd really be curious to know where
> > they come from.
>
>St=E9phane & Denise,
>Tracingopacity is specific to Dreamweaver and the code for it can be safely
>removed unless you are going to use the feature through Dreamweaver. When I
>explain this to you, it will probably tell you lots about the previous
>developers <grin>. I've only used it twice and both times it was after much
>protest but was a great time saver.

Well I stand corrected then... ;-)  Thanks for the info Jim.  I use=20
Dreamweaver occasionally but I had never seen it add those attributes to=20
pages I created so I really thought it couldn't be the culprit here... I=20
never use the "trace" feature so I'm glad to know that's where it comes=
 from.

St=E9phane Bergeron