Re: Need review from Mac/Netscape users please

by Roxy <4Roxy(at)autumnweb.com>

 Date:  Wed, 16 Aug 2000 14:15:05 -0400
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

>Michael Tulloch  <mtulloch(at)winnie.fit.edu> wrote:
>You should set up a different CSS for Macs, using a javascript redirect.
>Not too hard to do and ya end up making both sides happy.

So ... I would need what exactly, so that I could make a different CSS for
Macs?
What coding is needed to "deliver" different style sheets?
Is there anywhere on line that has a good example, or can you elaborate?
Would that "something" require java /java script being enabled in browsers?
(a 50/50 proposition these days)

TIA, Roxy

On the other note ...

> > It looks how I want it to on PCs, and the font size is the same used on
> > NineMSN and many other big time sites, so I'm happy that it's small

Unfortunately, unless there is something that is about 90% reliability at
serving up different CSS to PCs and Macs, since my site's audience is 99%
PC and 1% Macs, if I have to make a choice, I will make the site look good
for PC's.

If many of the "big sites" are setting font sizes too small for Macs, and
Macs can change the default size shown in the browser, I wonder if it will
become "standard required practice" that Mac users increase the default
size for "all the time" browser use?

Roxy's Renditions web page + email graphics
+ tutorials, Web Page Help, and PSP 5, 6 + 7 Tubes
Free 4 personal use :: http://autumnweb.com/Roxys/