RE: Need review from Mac/Netscape users please

by Roxy <4Roxy(at)autumnweb.com>

 Date:  Wed, 16 Aug 2000 14:29:58 -0400
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
 >Michael Heliker wrote:
 >I have found that ( if the the default font size is set in the browser)
that the smallest you want to go is 10pt. 8pt, truly is VERY difficult, if
not impossible, to read. ... I personally very rarely ever touch the font
size of my pages.

Okay, where's your site please? I would like to look at it with NN3, 4x, IE
4, + 5 with my PC. Personally, I think size 10pt text is too large in most
cases.

 >Steven Schrab wrote:
 >Try using a pixel size (px) instead of a point size (pt) in your css
page. Pixel sizes seem to keep their intended size across all browsers and
platforms with the exception of Netscape on Windows. PC Netscape renders px
sizes just a tad smaller than all other browsers, but it's barely noticeable.

Yes, I understand that using px instead of pt is a more universal size.
But, that people who need large text and have their browser preferences set
to "large" or "largest" size, won't get that - they will be forced to view
small size text. Where pt will allow them to see "larger" text, px will not.

i.e. like my 75 yo Mom who recently bought a powerful Dell to further her
doll collecting on Ebay. Granted, there may not be many of her type
visiting my site, but using pt, I at least know her browser will give her
larger text sizes.

Thanks, Roxy
Roxy's Renditions web page + email graphics
+ tutorials, Web Page Help, and PSP 5, 6 + 7 Tubes
Free 4 personal use :: http://autumnweb.com/Roxys/