CCS crashes NN -> fixed

by Norm Gregory <norm(at)normgregory.com>

 Date:  Sat, 26 Feb 2000 12:33:15 -0800
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
The answer has been found!

At 07:56 AM 2/26/00, "Alexander Feninga" <gassinaumasis(at)hotmail.com> wrote:
> >Netscape Navigator is notoriously bad on style sheets.
> >The debug information is gobblygook to me, so you may want to try a more
> >laborious approach...ie save the original, then remove one style definition
> >at a time until it works. You should probably find your culprit
>
>My guess is that the culprit is the style declaration:
>
>border: 0;
>
>The main reason of NN crashes on CSS is the border declarations. Remove the
>borders (they're not necessary anyway) and it should work.

Actually you saw the "fixed" version.  When I changed 'border: none;' to
'border: 0;' the style sheet will work with Netscape rather than crashing!

That's right 'border: none;' in a style sheet will not only crash Netscape
but eventually freeze up the visitors computer!

And Style Master and TopStyle all suggest that 'border: 0;' is just fine
for Netscape 4!!