Re: Opening .eps files in Fireworks

by =?iso-8859-1?Q?St=E9phane?= Bergeron <stephberg(at)videotron.ca>

 Date:  Tue, 07 Mar 2000 19:39:29 -0500
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 08:07 AM 08/03/00 +1100, you wrote:
>For the time being, however, you'll need to keep using PhotoShop to open=
 eps
>files.
>
>Hope this helps
>
>Steve Baty
>Red Square Productions

Yes, unfortunately Steve is right, Fireworks doesn't read .eps files yet=20
but it opens Photoshop files with layers, editable text and effects intact=
=20
though, so you could always open the file in Photoshop and send the .psd=20
file to the person using Fireworks.  I'm lucky enough to have both=20
Photoshop and Fireworks here but if I had only one app to get for Web=20
graphics work myself, it would be Fireworks 3.0.  What program was used to=
=20
create the .eps file?  Fireworks does import Illustrator and FreeHand files=
=20
with no problem so using the original program's file may work for you.

HTH!

St=E9phane Bergeron