Re: Why is this white space happening???

by =?iso-8859-1?Q?St=E9phane?= Bergeron <stephberg(at)videotron.ca>

 Date:  Sun, 12 Mar 2000 23:13:03 -0500
 To:  Mike Kear <choicemag(at)hotmail.com>
 Cc:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 12:54 PM 13/03/00 -0500, you wrote:

>I've looked at this page till I'm blue in the face, and I am stumped as to=
=20
>why there's a huge white space after the words "Select the plan you want=20
>to update."  and before the table.
>
>If you select a different FundID, you get a different amount of space.
>Seems the white space is related to the size of the table below the space.
>Can anyone tell me what's causing it?  Please?
>
>The url concerned is:=20
>http://www.choice.com.au/olupdate/olhinsurance.cfm?FundID=3D2

You have a bunch of <BR> tags that are in your table but outside any TDs=20
like for example:

This is of course invalid HTML but my guess is it's causing your current=20
problem.  My CSE HTML Validator didn't even finish listing the errors=20
because there was too many, mostly the <BR> tags in invalid places and it=20
spots all the unquoted attributes since I myself make it mandatory to quote=
=20
all tag attributes.  I'm sure the BR tags are the culprit here though.

HTH!

St=E9phane Bergeron