netscape & ie

by SUrOB <leviking(at)worldonline.fr>

 Date:  Tue, 11 Apr 2000 19:53:53 +0200
 To:  envoy(at)ipa.net
 Cc:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Darryl,
For me the only reason Netscape losted share was the launch of Win95 with
IE in it ...
A lot of people thinked : why download a new browser, we have already one
with the OS

and don't forget, Netscape is not perfect, but it is the browser, why ?
It's based on Mosaic ...
Just take a look at the license in "about" in both browsers ...

Cordially,

At 09:58 10/04/00 -0500, you wrote:
>I wish there was a viable alternative to Microsoft, but no matter
>what I try, I fall back to Explorer after a few weeks because such a
>large majority of web sites look horrible through it. It's not fair.
>People should learn to code better and test across platform before
>they put their sits online. But they don't. And Netscape has never
>made any effort to accomodate that reality. Microsoft did.
>
>That's the reason Netscape lost share. Whining about unfair business
>practices on their part is a joke. Neither company particularly cares
>about the end users. But at least Microsoft puts a little thought
>into the way people surf and the environment they surf in.  I
>honestly can't look at their product and believe anyone at Netscape
>has ever done that.

Julien Gre, a member of the group NYCZone
Our mission is to help people to create their own effective web site
Advices & hosting available and free on http://www.nyczone.net