Re: Background Sound

by Jack Beslanwitch <jack(at)webwitch.com>

 Date:  Sun, 18 Jun 2000 19:24:18 -0700
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Lisa,
         As others have noted, it plays correctly in IE because bgsound is
an IE only markup. To also play on Netscape you would need to do it via an
embed statement. However, depending ont he size of the mp3 file you have
another problem. Bandwidth. I would suggest that you look at Flash since
Flash 4 allows for embedding mp3 and, if memory serves, also allows for
streaming the mp3 file. So, presumably it would be a quicker download. In
any case, be careful not to use IE only markup or if you do make allowances
for the needs of Netscape.