RE: Colour matching.

by =?iso-8859-1?Q?St=E9phane?= Bergeron <stephberg(at)videotron.ca>

 Date:  Wed, 21 Jun 2000 17:18:47 -0400
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 01:43 PM 21/06/00 -0400, you wrote:
>#9999CC seems to be closest you're going to get, but the best thing you
>can do is take a look at www.lynda.comhttp://www.lynda.com/hexh.html
>
>If you've got a good color printer you might want to print that page for
>quick reference.

Before you print that page, take a look at this site:=
 http://www.visibone.com/

I just ordered their Color Reference poster and replaced the Web safe color=
=20
swatches in  my Fireworks, Photoshop and HomeSite with theirs.  Their color=
=20
reference system is a lot better designed and organized than Lynda's=20
IMO.  This site also has a lot of information on color for the Web and=20
reading some of the page was a revelation to me.  Check out these pages:=20
http://www.visibone.com/color/designer.html ,=20
http://www.visibone.com/color/faq.html for more info on them and this one=20
too: http://www.visibone.com/colorlab/colortest.html  which is very=20
revealing of the limitations of the Web...   If your PC fails the color=20
distinction test, imagine the machines that typical users have...

There is a lot of good info there for the person who was wondering what=20
type of equipment and conditions she should design for.  This site was very=
=20
eye opening for me...

St=E9phane Bergeron